Monday, February 05, 2018

Maintaining Author Websites

Every time I publish a new work, I try to update my website. I maintain it myself. (I'm switching back and forth between this blog and my website as I write this post.) I'll feature my latest work with the cover, blurb, and buy link on the landing page and update any notes I've shared about work in progress. I'll also add the book or story to the appropriate page. If any of my links are broken, I fix them. Sometimes I also change the background or theme to freshen my website's appearance.

Authors, how often do you update your website, and what do you do to it? Readers, what are you looking for when you visit an author's website? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My blog is my website, so I guess you could say I update it once a week.

PT Dilloway said...

I try to update my WordPress blog and Six site with every new book but sometimes I forget.

PT Dilloway said...

Wix site*

Maria Zannini said...



I've recently moved all the information from the Book Cover Diva web site to my 'blog' web site. I'm not sure if it's easier to find, but it'll be easier for me to update.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I have a blog/site for my NA series, my own blog, my speaker website, and DLP's website - so I am updating two or more every single week. Mostly with new releases and new events.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Pat, I use Wix for my main website too.

Maria, it's good to have a site you can update easily.

That's a lot of sites to maintain, Diane!

Site Meter